Every job-seeker QA was in such situation.
Interviewer: «Ok, Please could you test a trolleybus?»
And what we know about trolleybusses? There are new and old. Then ask some requirements. If interviewer gives you some requirements it is very good. But there could be different cases, letʼs have a look at high testing of average Lvivʼs trolleybus without some requirements.
First of all, we have to analyze our gather information of testing «And if you on interview, recall all what you know about trolleybuses».
Then due to rules write Test plan, put there: object description, strategy, start/end testing criteria, needed tools, hardware, special knowledges and risks with solution of there.
(Keep in mind differents Verification and Validation)
As we remember following testing types :
- According to changes testing
Lets verifying functions of trolleybus :
- Verify is there is a trolley (and not an Ecobus without «horns»)
- Verify wheels (must be 6 there)
- Verify sits inside
- Verify rumps
- Verify windows
- Verify lights
- Verify doors
- Verify mirrors for back looking
- Verify turn signal
- Verify driverʼs cabin
- Verify is the trolley is it moving forward/backward?
- Verify turns
- Verify signal lights
- Verify do the doors are close/open?
- Verify locks of the trolley (Security tests)
- Verify towing availability (Interoperability test)
Ok, what do we have to test in nonfunctional testing?
- Verify the maximum available number of passengers that trolley can contain (Performance testing)
- Verify if the trolley can go up the road being loaded with maximum number of passengers (Stress testing)
- Verify ability to drive full shifts being loaded (Stability/Reliability testing)
- Verify the mass of trolleybus (Volume testing)
- Verify if the trolley starts working when horns are touching the wires (Installation testing)
- Verify road maps of the route this trolley (Usability testing)
- Verify availability places and rumps for disabled people (Usability testing)
- Verify drivers sit (Usability testing)
- Verify after an emergency engine shutdown after overheating, the engine will work again (Failover and recovery testing)
Based on the stated above, we have to create Test suits, where functions which we have to test will be described. And Test cases, where we will put Action(Steps to reproduce), Expected result, Test result. Remember about Positive and Negative Test cases.
Testing according to changes includes:
- Regression testing (Where we test after our trolley after all fixes)
- Smoke testing (Where we high verifying main features of trolley)
- Built testing (Understanding from the name)
- Sanity testing (Where testing the unit but all functions)
When we test, we write bug reports, and use the Bug tracker for these goals (Because there are no projects without bugs)
Scheme of all testing process you can see below:
The principle of any quality is the same. And by creating a structure of testing for yourself similar question doesnʼt take you by surprise!